Monday, July 14, 2008

Great blogging! Chapters 6 - 10 can go here

Thanks for doing this everyone! I love to read your comments as you experience the book. You are all doing a wonderful job of reacting to the story - sharing feelings, emotions and memories as you read. Please keep up the good work!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha ha I am the first one

Unknown said...

Date: July 15, 2008
Chapter Title: Summer Days
I think this chapter is the most boring so far. Nothing fun happens here. The most interesting part is about the new goslings. There are 7 of them. But Templeton makes me sad. I liked him the first time, but now he looks like a murderer. This chapter also describes how Fern spends summer days in her aunt’s barn. I have never been in a barn, so I can’t say if she5 has fun or not.

Anonymous said...

July 15th
Chapter6- Summer Days
I like summer more than winter! My family has a field in Taiwan which is planted with many kinds of vegetables, fruits, and plants. Sometimes I would go there when I had free time. I like to go there to help my parents. They really enjoy the pastoral life. But the weather was too hot for me to work there. There are so many bugs as well. I usually help them pour water or take some pictures. I hope someday I will love the pastoral life.

Anonymous said...

Date : 15 / 7 / 08
Chapter : 6. Summer Days
Respand : This chapter is talking about a summer day. The goose has eight eggs but there is one dud. Templeton wants the one dud, but the goose is afraid Templeton will eat the baby geese. I think Templeton will eat the little geese and steal the other egg. Templeton shouldn’t do that because that’s so mean.

Anonymous said...

Do you want some more ??
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG
Is that enough?
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Alice Cheng said...

Charlotte-6
Chapter6 : summer days July 15th

The summer in the barn is fun. Mrs. Goose has some eggs.
There are eight eggs that Mrs. Goose has. But only seven eggs hatch. Templeton takes another one away. I think if Templeton wants to take care of the baby goose, I don’t think so he can do it well. Because the baby goose will be bigger than himself.

Unknown said...

hugo, stopped!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Date: July 16, 2008
Chapter Title: Bad News
It is a second sad chapter. Wilbur hears the news from the sheep, which has been on the farm long time, that they are going to kill him! He cries a lot. I understand him. If I heard that somebody would kill me, I would cry too.

Date: July 16, 2008
Chapter Title: A Talk at home.
In this chapter Fern describes to her parents what she heard in Wilbur’s house. She tells them that she understands everything that the animals are talking about. Her mother starts worry about her. Her father thinks that Fern has just an imagination, but it does not make Fern’s mother happy. I think Fern has a special ability.

Anonymous said...

July 16th
Chapter7, 8- Bad News, A Talk At Home
When I was in Taiwan, there were some pigs near my house. They were very tiny at first. But 1 or 2 months later, they became so fat that they couldn’t walk as fast as usual. That was so terrible because it was extremely uncomfortable for the pigs when they got fat. Just like Wilbur! When pigs become fatter, that means it’s time to kill them. If I were Fern’s mom(Chapter 8), maybe I would think that Fern was telling a joke, because kids have lots of unpredictable imaginations that I can’t understand. This is the reason why I like to talk to kids so much.

Anonymous said...

Date: 16 / 7 / 08
Chapter: 7. Bad News 8. A Talk at Home
Respand: These two chapters are talking about the sheep saying to Wilbur that he will be killed at Christmastime, and Wilbur is afraid. The next morning Fern is talking to her parents. She tells her parents the animals can talk but they don’t believe it. If I were Fern’s parents I wouldn’t believe the animals can talk. That’s so ridiculous, that’s BS. If I were Wilbur I would feel sad because no matter what I do I still will be killed.

Michele said...

Good comments so far - happy to see Hugo is using vocab words "dud" but unhappy to see the OMG OMG...

I love that you are sharing some personal thoughts that this book brings to you - Anita is sharing beautiful memories.

Everyone keep up the good work!

Unknown said...

Date: July 22, 2008
Chapter Title: Wilbur’s Boast
In this chapter the animals talk a lot. Wilbur also tries to make a spider’s web, but he can’t do it because he is a pig, not a spider. Wilbur tries two times, but it doesn’t work. He also asks Charlotte about her plan to save him. Charlotte says that she doesn’t know what she is going to do right now. She thinks about that. In this chapter the lamb says also that Wilbur smells really bad. That makes Wilbur cry. If I were Wilbur I think I would escape from the barn. If he wants to live, he has to escape.

Anonymous said...

July 22ed
Chapter9- Wilbur’s Boast
I don’t like someone who boasts a lot! It might be thought very haughty. They can’t receive anyone’s advice and suggestions, and they always look down on everyone. I think Wilbur was a little boastful because he thought that he could spin a web! But actually, Wilbur is not a spider and he doesn’t need to spin webs for a living. That tells us that we should understand our ability before we say it. It is an important lesson in our life.

Michele said...

Marta - if you were Wilbur, why do you think you need to escape to live?

Anita - you have a wonderful understanding of the lesson that the author is trying to share with us!

Anonymous said...

July 23rd
Chapter10- An Explosion
If I were Wilbur, I wouldn’t believe that Charlotte could save me. She is too small to save Wilbur. But I think charlotte is clever enough to find a good way to rescue him. If I were Fern or Avery, I wouldn’t play on the swing because I would be afraid that I would fall down the rope or hurt myself. I wouldn’t do anything unsafe. And I really want to say, I extremely don’t like frog or toad! I think they are pretty disgusting.

Anonymous said...

Date : 23 / 7 / 08
Chapter : 10. An Explosion
Respand : This chapter is talking about many things. One day Avery wants to catch Charlotte with a stick but he misses it so he falls down and brakes Templeton’s egg.
The dud egg smells really bad. The other thing is Charlotte is planning a project to save Wilbur. I think Charlotte’s project is to use the web to entangle Mr. Zuckerman like Spider man.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Date : 23 / 7 / 08
Chapter : 11. The Miracle
Respand :This chapter is talking about how Charlottes web is done, but in the middle of the web there are the words ‘Some Pig’. Every body in the town is curious about the words. If I were a person in this town, I wouldn’t believe that the miracle is true. The miracle is BS. Why does this book have so many lies? I can’t understand.

Alice Cheng said...

Cha7.8
July 16th
Wilbur is getting bigger and bigger. He eats a lot. The old sheep tells Wilbur that someday people will kill him. Wilbur is very scared about that. If I were Wilbur I would be very scared too. If I knew someone was going to kill me I would run away to nobody know where I was.
If I were Fern’s parents I would be surprised about Fern telling me about the barn.


Charlotte 9

July 22nd
Wilbur tries to spin a web like Charlotte, but he drops down and doesn’t do it. Wilbur really thinks he can do it. He tries to use the string with Templeton but he still doesn’t do it. In fact Wilbur doesn’t need to spin a web. He has three meals a day and a comfortable house for him. I think Wilbur doesn’t have to be like anyone else, everyone is unique.


Charpter10
July 23rd

Avery has a frog but Fern thinks it is dying. They are bickering, at that time the frog jumps in the soapy water. And they go swimming and pick wild raspberries. Avery finds a candy box to let the frog into. And Avery wants to catch Charlotte but he falls down and breaks Templeton’s egg. If I had a brother like Avery I would be very angry about him and hate him.