Thursday, July 24, 2008

Chapters 15-17

Vocabulary you should know

monotonous crate modest inconvenient discarded surpass pummel ascended listless thrashed

Why doesn't "Uncle" have a real name? Do you think that has anything to do with the way he treats others?

10 comments:

Unknown said...

wow, I am first :)


Date: July 27, 2008
Chapter Title: The Miracle
This chapter is so mysterious. I liked it. It happened in the morning, after a rainy night. The boy, who went to feed the pig, saw two words: “ some pig” in Charlotte’s web. He showed that to Mr. Zuckerman, who showed it to Mrs. Zuckerman. Every body thought that Wilbur had a special ability. Mr. Zuckerman went to the minister in the town and told him everything. They decided to not tell anybody. But a few days after that all the people from the county knew about it. Everybody wanted to see the pig. I think that it is a part of Charlotte’s plan. I am really curious what will happen in the next chapters.

Date: July 28, 2008
Chapter Title: A Meeting
I like this chapter. It is funny. All the animals in the barn have a meeting. They are talking about the next word in the spider web. The first idea was “Pig Supreme”, which was said by the lamb, but Charlotte didn’t like it. The goose said terrific. They decided to put that one. I like this chapter, because it is funny. I like the ganger, the goose and the little goslings.



Date: July 28, 2008
Chapter Title: Good Progress
This chapter is also funny. First Charlotte made the word in her spider web. When Mr. and Mrs. Zuckerman saw that, they decided to take Wilbur to the fair. In this chapter Charlotte told Wilbur a story about her cousins. The first one was about a spider, which caught a fish in his spider web. He ate it. The second one is about a spider, which was an aeronaut. In this chapter the pig is doing “radiant action”. He is jumping, touching the ground with his ears and flipping back with a half twist in. I think it looks so funny, when Wilbur does things like a ballerina. I really want to see that.

Anonymous said...

July 29th
Chapter15- The Crickets
When I was on summer vacation, I wasn’t so happy because I had a lot of homework that I should finish during the vacation. At the end of the summer vacation, I was also very disappointed because I had to finish the homework that I hadn’t done. Summer has given me a bad memory since I went to the junior high. I hope I will have a new summer vacation after I go to America to study.

Unknown said...

Date: July 29, 2008
Chapter Title: Dr. Dorian
In this chapter Fern talks again about the talking animals. Her mother really worries about her. She goes to the doctor. First they talk about the miracle in the web. Then they start to talk about Fern. Mrs. Arable tells him what’s wrong. The doctor thinks about it a little. After that, he tells Mrs. Arable that she shouldn’t worry. He says that now she is interested in animals, but she will be interested in boys. I think the doctor is right. That happens to almost every girl.

Date: July 29, 2008
Chapter Title: The Crickets
This chapter was so-so for me. I liked the chapter before that one more. Wilbur is very popular. He is going to go to the fair. He asked Charlotte if she could go with him. Charlotte said that she can’t because she has to lay eggs. I think Charlotte also doesn’t want to go to the fair, because she wants to rest. In the last chapters she made a lot of spider’s webs with words.

Anonymous said...

Date : 30 / 7 / 08
Chapter : 16. Off to the Fair 17. Uncle
Respand : Chapter 16 is talking about how the family takes Wilbur to the Fair. Everybody dresses beautifully, even Mrs. Zuckerman gives Wilbur a buttermilk bath. Charlotte and Templeton hide in Wilbur’s crate and go to the Fair. Chapter 17 is talking about how Charlotte sees a huge pig named Uncle. I think that in chapter 16 Charlotte and Templeton are very smart because they hide and no one knows they’re coming. I think in chapter 17 the huge pig’s attitude isn’t good. If I were Uncle, I wouldn’t want to have the same attitude because that kind of attitude is so abominable.

Unknown said...

Date: July 30, 2008
Chapter Title: Off to the fair
In this chapter Fern’s family got ready for the Fair. First they went to sleep really early. The next day they gave Wilbur a buttermilk bath. Mrs. Zuckerman said that her mother gave a buttermilk bath to her pigs every time, and they were clean. At this time Charlotte decided to go to the Fair. She also persuaded Templeton. I think that Charlotte is a very good friend. She does everything for Wilbur. I want to have a friend like her.

Date: July 30, 2008
Chapter Title: Uncle
In this chapter everybody is at the Fair. The children are happy because they are free and they go everywhere they want. They also get money. Charlotte meets the pig, which is the same age as Wilbur, but more fat. She starts to worry that Wilbur won’t win. I really want to go to the Fair. They aren’t like this in my country. I think it would be fun.

Anonymous said...

July 30th
Chapter16- Off to the Fair
Mr. Zuckerman’s dream was a good dream. I can’t imagine a big pig standing over me. I think it would be a nightmare for me if I dreamed that. If I were Charlotte or Templeton, I would be very scared that someone could discover me. I like the geese in this chapter because they always cheered for Wilbur, and they look so happy.

Chapter17- Uncle
I like Fun Town where I went last Sunday. I like to go to fair as well, especially to go on the roller coaster. So I can understand why they were so excited about the fair and wanted to buy all the things. Disney land is my favorite playground. I hope I can go to all the Disney land around the world!

Unknown said...

Date: July 31, 2008
Chapter Title: The Cool of the Evening
In this chapter Templeton found a new word for the spider’s web. It was “Humble”. Charlotte said that it had two meanings and they both describe Wilbur. She put that word on her spider’s web. In this chapter Charlotte was doing something mysterious. Wilbur asked her what she was doing, but she said that she couldn’t tell. She also said that he would see it the next day and he had to go quickly to sleep, because tomorrow would be a big day. I am really curious what Charlotte was doing. I think it was something for her children.

Date: July 31, 2008
Chapter Title: The Egg Sac
In this chapter Charlotte showed Wilbur what she was doing all night. She was very proud. She said that she laid 514 eggs. She was also sad, because she was not going to see her children. When Wilbur asked her why, she told him that she was old. Wilbur disagreed. He said that she was young and they were going to see 514 little spiders next spring. At the Fair Uncle got a first prize. Everybody was sad, until the speaker said that Wilbur was going to get a special prize. I think they will get second place and money. And I hope Charlotte will see her children.

Date: July 31, 2008
Chapter Title: The Hour of Triumph
In this chapter Wilbur got third prize. They decided to give a medal to him, because he is radiant, terrific and humble. Mr. Zuckerman got 25$. Everybody was happy. I think Fern likes Henry Fussy. Dr. Dorian was right. I also want to see a special show from Avery. I think it was cool, because all the children and adults liked it. I also want to go on a Ferris Wheel.

Anonymous said...

Date : 31 / 7 / 08
Chapter : 18. The Cool of the Evening
Respand : Chapter 18 is talking about what the family is doing at the Fair. Charlotte almost dies because she has no energy. I am sad for Wilbur because his best friend is almost dieing. Charlotte does so much for Wilbur. If I had this kind of friends I would be happy, but if I lost this kind of friends I would also be sad too. I hope Charlotte will get up soon.

Anonymous said...

Date : 31 / 7 / 08
Chapter : 19. The Egg Sac 20. The Hour of Triumph
Respand : Chapter 19 is talking about how Charlotte is builting an egg sac, but she has no more energy, so she won’t see her children. Uncle won the first prize, and every body was sad. Chapter 20 is talking about how the judges said Wilbur is the real winner, not Uncle. Every body is very happy. I’m happy that Charlotte has 514 children, and Wilbur won the first prize. I’m sad that Charlotte is going to die. I hope in the end of the story, Charlotte will not die. Maybe the final result is Charlotte and Wilbur marry and the 514 little spider are their children.

Alice Cheng said...

Chapter 15
The summer is over and the fall is coming to the barn. And Wilbur is getting more famous and more famous. Everyday hundreds of people come to the barn to see the “TERRIFIC” and “RADIANT” pig. I think I would be as curious as other people to go to the barn and see the “TERRIFIC” and “RADIANT” pig. Maybe Wilbur is happy about giving his autograph to people.

Chapter16
Wilbur has to go to the county fair, so he has to be clean. Mrs. Zuckerman used the buttermilk to clean Wilbur. Templeton and Charlotte want to go to the fair with Wilbur but they can’t be seem so they hide in Wilbur’s crate and go with him. When Wilbur hears peoples are talking about what will happen after he dies he fainted. People woke him up using cold water, and put him into the crate. I want to go to the fair and visit Wilbur and take a bath with buttermilk.


Chapter17
Mrs. Arable gives Fern and Avery point seventy dollars for they to play in the fair. They meet another pig name Uncle, it is an unfriendly pig always talk about weak joke. They do like Uncle very much. Uncle is bigger than Wilbur, but Wilbur is cleaner than Uncle. I don’t like Uncle either. I don’t know him very much, but I feel he is rude and disgusting.