Please post your journal comments from Chapter 1 - 4 here.
hint - these words may be vocabulary words you want to review before the quiz!
runt, appetite, injustice, frolic, manure, snout, slops, captivity, vanished, trough
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
15 comments:
Great idea =]
Date: 2 July 2008
Chapter Title: Before Breakfast
Respond (write) about it:
One day Fern saw her father with an ax. She asked her mother, what he was going to do. Mrs. Arable answered that last night some pigs were born. One is a runt. He was going to kill him. Fern was angry. She went to her father and she asked him not to kill it. He said that he probably would die soon. But Fern didn’t surrender. I think if I were in Fern’s shoes I would do the same. I don’t think that when somebody is smaller than another we should kill him. Some people/ animals are small, some big. I am on Fern’s side.
Interesting Words: hoghouse, replied, weak, amount, do away, pitcher, sobbed, yelled, raising, weakling, runty, injustice, queer, stove, dried
Date: 7 July 2008
Chapter Title: Wilbur
Respond (write) about it:
This chapter describes Charlotte’s day. She always feeds him in the morning, after school and in the evening. She also must put him in the box, when she goes to sleep. When she goes to school, her father takes care of him.
Wilbur loves Charlotte very much. When she goes to the kitchen he goes with her. When she goes upstairs, he waits for her. When she goes on a walk he goes with her too. Sometimes Charlotte puts him in the carriage. He sometimes goes to sleep.
Wilbur grows a lot. Fern’s parents decide to sell him, when he was 5 weeks old. They decided to sell him to Fern’s aunt. She can visit him every day.
If I were Charlotte, I wouldn’t allow my parents to sell my favorite pet. I would try to talk about that and give them examples, like the aunt wouldn’t take care of Wilbur like Charlotte.
Interesting words: runt, brook, raising, smoothly, tagged
Date: July 9, 2008
Chapter Title: Escape
In this chapter Wilbur almost escaped. The animals, for example the goose, said that he could go away, but he decided to stay. This chapter also describes how Wilbur lives in Fern’s aunt’s farm, but the major topic is about escape. Pig decided to stay, because Fern’s aunt gave him something to eat. He also thought that he is too small to run away. If I were Wilbur, I would stay in the farm, like he. He didn’t have it too bad in her farm. If he would escape, he would probably die. He would have a problem finding food. I think he decided a good decision.
Interesting words: goose
July 2ed
Chapter1- Before Breakfast
I think Fern is very brave. Although she is very little, she has her unique thinking. I am not so brave to argue with my parent, especially when I saw something was wrong. If I were Fern, I wouldn’t ask them not to kill the pig, and I would just feel very sad about it. If I were her parent, I would give her the pig, but I don’t think she would take care of it very well. And if I were the pig, I would be very glad that I have such a nice owner.
July 7th
Charpter2- Wilbur
I am so jealous of Fern’s cute pig. I really want to have a pet that I can feed everyday. I have a pet dog in Taiwan, but I was too busy to take care of her. I really like to play with my dog. I can imagine how boring life would be if we didn’t have any friends. So I cherished the time very much that I was with my dog before I went abroad.
July 8th
Charpter3- Escape
I think Wilbur has the same personality as Fern. They both have curiosity about anything. The Goose is like a mother, she is very clever because she knows what is good for Wilbur. But Wilbur is too greedy when he sees the food. If I were Wilbur, I wouldn’t eat the food because I know it is a trap. If I were Fern, I would worry very much about Wilbur. Just like when you lose your pet or something you like, it’s not a good feeling that you want.
Date : 2 / 7 / 08
Chapter : 1. Before Breakfast
Respand :
I think Fern is a good and honest little girl. She saves the pig, and she cares about everything, even just a pig . There are so many people who don’t care about animals, but I think they are still a life so we must take good care of them. Just like our school principle “RESPECT”, respect to each other is important. We need to learn from her spirit.
Date: 7 / 7 / 08
Chapter: 1. Wilbur
Respand:
Fern takes good care of Wilbur the same as a mom takes care of her child. She feeds it every day carefully and diligently. If it were me, maybe I wouldn’t have too much patience to take care of animals. Finally the pet will be killed by me. I really admire Fern.
Date : 8 / 7 / 08
Chapter : 3. Escape
Respand :
This chapter is talking about the pig wanting to escape from the barn to outside. Every animal is helping him, but in the end he doesn’t make it. That is because he cannot bear the allure of food. After reading this chapter, I know that if I were Wilbur I would escape because I want freedom.
7/2
Chapter 1 ---Before Breakfast
I think Fern is just. She saves the pig’s life. If I have a daughter like Fern, I think I will give her a pig to let her take care of too. Fern takes care of the little pig like a little mother, she feeds it and gives it a name. But if I were her brother Avery I would be very jealous that only Fern has the little pig. I would ask mom and dad to give me a little cow, little hen or a little sheep.
7th July
Chapter 2
Fern is very careful about Wilbur. She feeds and plays with Wilbur everyday. But Wilbur is not a little pig at all. It is getting bigger and bigger. Wilbur is big enough to sell. If I were Fern I would put Wilbur in my bed with me too. And I would be sad because I couldn’t keep Wilbur as close as before. If I think that someday Wilbur may be my dinner, I will be scared of having anything made of pork.
July 8th
I think I can understand why Wilbur wants to escape from the barn. If I always stay in a same place I don’t have freedom. I would escape too. But I can understand why Mrs. Zuckerman wants to catch Wilbur. If Wilbur got lost she will be in big trouble. And Wilbur stays in the barn alone, I think it must be lonely.
Date: July 14, 2008
Chapter Title: Loneliness
This chapter is very sad. Nobody wants to play with the pig. Wilbur asks a lot of animals, for example: the rat, the goose and the lamb. The rat said that he didn’t know what the word “play” means. The lamb said that he is not interested in pigs and Wilbur is nothing to him. The goose said that she must sit on her eggs. I know what Wilbur feels this day. When I was in 4th class I had the same problem. If I were Templeton, I would try to play with him or try to make him happy.
July 14th
Chapter4- Loneliness
What a poor pig! He didn’t have any friends to play with. I hate loneliness. The way that I came to the United States was so lonely because that was my first time taking planes by myself. I went to L.A to take the connecting plane, and I had to stay in the airport for six hours with Alice! I couldn’t talk to anyone, and I even couldn’t do anything! I really wanted to go home at that moment. If I were Wilbur, I would be sad about that and cry like him. I think the worst thing in the world is “loneliness”.
Date : 14 / 7 / 08
Chapter : 4 Loneliness
Respand : The chapter is talking about Wilbur feeling lonely because nobody wants to play with him. Some times I also feel loneliness. When no one at home or my friends don’t want to play with me, I feel lonely too. I don’t like the feeling when I am lonely. People feel lonely and the pig feels lonely too. I think other animals should play with him because Wilbur will feel happier.
July 14th
Chapter 4: Loneliness
Wilbur has a lonely day. Fern doesn’t go to the barn and Wilbur feels bored. Nobody wants to play with him. Wilbur wants to make friends with everybody, but they aren’t friendly to Wilbur. If I were as lonely as Wilbur I would be very sad and disappointed. I think friends are very important for me. If I don’t have any friends, I won’t be happy.
Date: July 14, 2008
Chapter Title: Charlotte
This chapter describes Wilbur’s new friend. It is a spider. Her name is Charlotte. She tells him how she catches the flies and other bugs. Wilbur is happy that he found a new friend, but he is sad that she is a brutal spider. This chapter also tells that Fern’s aunt wants to kill Wilbur. If I were Wilbur I wouldn’t be a spider’s friend. I would feel scared that she was going to kill me, because I have a lot of blood under my skin. I also don’t like murders. I am scared of them.
July 14th
Chapter5- Charlotte
It’s good to make a new friend, but it will be a little difficult to make a friend that different from you. It is especially true when you try to accept somebody’s personality, and you must open your mind. For me, it’s so hard to make different types of friends because I’m not a talkative person and I am not good at talking about myself at first. Charlotte’s coming makes me feel interested in this story. I have a high expectation about the next chapter and I hope they will be the good friends!!
Date : 14 / 7 / 08
Chapter : 5. Charlottes
Respand : This chapter is talking about Charlotte. She is a girl and is a pretty spider but she is fierce, brutal, scheming and bloodthirsty. If were Wilbur I would not make friends with Charlotte because if one day she is hungry and there are no animals to eat, maybe she will eat me, so I am afraid of making this kind of friends. If I were Charlotte I would eat Wilbur when I was hungry.
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG
Charlotte-5
Chapter5: Charlotte July 14th
Wilbur can’t sleep at night because the barn is too noisy. In Wilbur’s dream he heard the same voice again. But he still can’t find where the voice come from. In the morning Wilbur asks everybody about his new friend, but nobody replied to him. His new friend is a spider. If I were Wilbur I would feel excited about meeting new friend.
Thank you all for sharing your writing! I hope you find that it helps you to think about what happened and have fun writing!
Post a Comment