Thursday, July 24, 2008

Chapters 12 - 14 blog

These are some words that you might want to know!

cellar idiosyncrasy destiny adjourned task rummaging dung crochet doily incessant

If you could spin a web with words describing your best friend, what words would you use? Explain why you would use each word.

7 comments:

Michele said...

I have a question:

Dr. Dorian says two very important things: "Children pay better attention than grownups" and "Perhaps if people talked less, animals would talk more." Do you agree with him?

Anonymous said...

Date : 28 / 7 / 08
Chapter : 12. A Meeting 13. Good Progress
Respand : Chapter 12 is talking about how Charlotte wants to think of a new word. Another miracle will happen again. Chapter 13 is talking about how they decided to write ‘Terrific’ on Charlotte’s web, so Charlotte kept working and never quit. I think in chapter 12 they work in cooperation with a division of labour. Their spirit is splendid. In chapter 13 I think Charlotte is a hard worker. I need to learn patience because many times when I do anything or learn anything I always have no patience. If I have no patience, I won’t have good achievements.

Michele said...

nice work Hugo...
what do you think of my question about Dr. Dorian

Anonymous said...

July 28th
Chapter12- A Meeting
If I were Charlotte, I wouldn’t think “terrific” is a good idea for the new web. Because it would possible to be thought that the miracle was not made by Wilbur. If I were the reporter, I would set the camera up near the web so that they could know the truth clearly. The truth was very easy to be discovered. I am scared that the people will kill Wilbur after they know the truth.

Chapter13- Good Progress
About Charlotte’s story, I can’t believe it was a true story of her cousin. The weight of the web and the fish were so different that the web couldn’t stand the weight of the fish. But Wilbur was too childlike to recognize the truth or the bluff. The story was so ridiculous for me! But Wilbur’s innocence makes the story more interesting than the other books.

Anonymous said...

Date : 29 / 7 / 08
Chapter : 14. Dr. Dorian 15. The Crickets
Respand : Chapter 14 is talking about how Fern wants to tell her parents that the animals can talk. Even the spider tells her a story, but her parents still don’t believe it, so they go see Dr. Dorian. Dr. Dorian thinks Fern doesn’t have any problem. At 8 years old most children love animals. Chapter 15 is talking about how the summer is ending. There is not much time the animals and Fern can be together. I think Dr. Dorian is a good doctor because he knows about Fern very much. I hope Mr. and Mrs. Zuckerman will trust the doctor. I think the story is going to finish. I guess the end of the story is that the fall is coming, and Fern needs to separate from the animals. It will be a sad story in the end.

Anonymous said...

July 29th
Chapter14- Dr. Dorian
I think my mom wouldn’t be so worried about me if I said something like Fern. My mom is an optimistic person so she might think it is just an imagination. If I were Fern’s mom, I would enjoy the story of the animals very much. I think it’s a good practice of imagination and creation. And I would continue asking questions about the story, it might be really fun!

Alice Cheng said...

Chapter12
They have a meeting to talk about what words Charlotte can spin in the web to save Wilbur. The goose thinks about the word ”TERRIFIC” but nobody knows how to spell “TERRIFIC” correctly. Only Templeton knows, but they think Templeton won’t help them. I think Charlotte is TERRIFIC too. She can spin any words in her web. What an amazing spider!
Chapter 14
Fern always talks about animals to her mother. Her mother worries about her day by day. Mrs. Arable asks Fern to go out and play with other people not just stay in the barn. Mrs. Arable worries a lot about Fern so she goes to the doctor and got some advice. If my child talked about something weird, I would worry about my child too.